Exeter Science Park, member of the UK Science Park Association (UKSPA), is a great place to develop ideas and grow businesses alongside likeminded companies within a supportive business environment.
Located at the gateway to the Exeter and East Devon Growth Point area the Park occupies the perfect location in a grassland setting with immediate access to the motorway, trunk road networks and the Exeter International Airport.
With a considerable scientific resource on the door step, including the Met Office and the University of Exeter, companies located on the Park will benefit from the strong networks that have been built up regionally, nationally and internationally.
The story so far:
- South West RDA provided grant funding of £19 million to Devon County Council which was used to purchase the 55 acre site and develop the infrastructure for the Science Park.
- Outline consent for the overall Park provides for 850,000 sq ft of low density built environment within the parkland setting with a mini cluster approach to the overall design brief, see Masterplan.
- The first building (Eagle House) opened in December 2013 and has been occupied by blur Group, global technology company.
- The Exeter Science Park Centre opened spring 2015, providing 30,000 sq ft of bespoke office and laboratory facilities and fully resilient internet connectivity.
- Autumn 2015 the Met Office started construction of their High Performance Computer and collaboration building within the Global Environmental Futures Campus.
- 2017/2018 will see the delivery of 50,000 sq ft across three buildings, providing grow on space for science and technology companies.
Development plots, turnkey building solutions for owner occupiers and pre-let design and build solutions for occupiers who wish to lease space are available now.
Given the level of investment in site infrastructure already, the delivery timetable for bespoke facilities to suit occupier requirements may be quicker than you would imagine.